sound card and AOL

nigelnibbles

have jusr reformatted my comp, installed soundblaster 16PCI soundcard, music plays ok on CD Rom drive and sounds ok from speakers, however, when i'm online i cant have the speakers on as all i get is a lot of noisy crackling and interferance(you can just make out any music/sounds in background though) anyone any ideas why this is

Hi all

nigel try running a directx test as it will have the test for your modem sound too as it might be the modem systems.

i had a soundblaster live!!,and still have, but too the point.

it sometimes installed with allot of crackling(yum) :D

in the end i found it was a mixture of the card not liking my old via chipset and some pci settings in the bios.

hope you sort it as i know :mad: how annoying it is :)

if you have too try a diffrent pci slot and let the system rearange itself again it may stop the problem as it doesnt hurt either.(same with modem its worth a try if changing sound pci doesnt work if not uninstall sound drivers and reinstall after a reboot)

at first you dont suceed try for 196hrs like i did never again(diffrent prob though)

billy

[ 10. January 2004, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]