Data loss

kendo

Has anyone else had this prob I have recently discovered that music + data that I had recorded to previously blank disks 12 months back has become corrupted,I was just wondering if the same thing occurred on more expensive branded blanks?

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

Hi all

sorry to hear you are having data loss probs

how are you recording them e.g zip etc?

as i find using a folder and dumping all extracted zip music into it as it seems to corrupt in zip files.

most music i use roxio software to tranfer them to disc so i can play them in the car.

its not unusual for data to corrupt on disc but ive had it happen very little and even though i use cheap discs(mr data)10 pack

i rate that out of 10 cheap discs 2 will be abit iffy.(lots of recording backups etc:)

great cup stands:) :)

billy

[ 04. March 2004, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

thanks for the reply billy I used easy CD Creator

the Cd's would play/read fine for a few months after the initial recording then one day I noticed after a few tracks had played OK the sound became distorted and there after every time it was played no amount of cleaning made any difference suspecting it might be the player I tried them in different players but it made no difference the same thing happened.I have come to the conclusion that the thin film that coats the surface begins to wear/fade with time but was wondering if the same thing occurred with more expensive blanks as the ones I used were cheap

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.