IP address

kendo

Guest NickInTheNorth

Just thought are you running SP2? If so (even if not it's worth checking) go into the properties for the connection, this time click on the tab for Advanced, and if the Internet Connection Firewall setting is checked de-select it.

Then try the pings again.

Checked all Cables - Seem to be straight and not crossover done this by checking wires on the end of each connection!

Pinged with that 127.0.0.1 on each machine. Everything good. A reply on both machines.

The name of the workgroup was changed to NETWORK instead of the default MSHOME this shouldnt make a diffrence if applied on both machines?

still not seeing each other in workgroup!

Firewalls also both off including zone alarm which is on one machine!

Starting to thinkg the "limited or no connectivity" is a problem in SP2!

[ 09. October 2004, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: kendo ]

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Just to check, you've got File and Printer sharing for microsoft networks on each machine? - makes a difference to "seeing" each other in workgroup.

But as you can't ping between machines there is a more basic problem to address first - I just cannot think what.

yes all turned on.

Thanks for your help Nick seem to have made progresss!

One other thing when my machine is turned off Port 1 on the hub is still lit up :confused:

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.