Zoo Creature

Guest Daveangler1

Guest Daveangler1

Went for a quiet nights Bass fishing down here at Seatown last night and was welcomed with the sight of about a million and one anglers fishing two matches. I squeezed myself in between two anglers(that is found myself a spot on the beach between two anglers, for anyone with a filthy mind) and began to fish.

I spoke to the chap next to me and he happened to be the 'match official' and gave me a good insight into match fishing as i've never been to one before, anyway to cut a long story short, I blanked using double Squid on one rod, whole Mackerel fillet on another and huge Launce on the third rod, all about twenty yards out. I had four huge bangs on my rods but never hit one of them, i was using Pulley rigs with 3/0 Pennels to 6/0 pennels.

The chap next to me lobbed a three inch Rag worm out about twenty yards out on a 1/0 single hook for Pouting and hauled out a 12lb 4oz Bass(SLIMEY GIT).

Cheers and GUTTED(cause his bait could have only been a few feet from mine) Dave.

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS are in order to KEVSEABASS for qualifying for the Marines after four incredibly hard days. By the way he got a certificate for being the best recruit, and broke the record for the year for all Marines in the Gym. Also was only 1 second under the record for the assult course. Well done Kev

[This message has been edited by Daveangler1 (edited 09 September 2001).]

Guest kevseabass

Thanks for that dave!

I was away from tuesday to friday but all physical tests lasted 2 days. It is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life and am a bit worried about going back. I put in a good performance so have have decided to give the 30 weeks ago. I got awarded the best candidate out of 66. I achieved max points in the gym test where as nobody else did and got the quickest time on the assult course. I beat this years best time by 1 sec however it is usually done in full belt kit and rifle. We did it in just boots. out of 66 only 33 remained and passed at the end.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hey kevseabass

Don't put yourself down, to do it within 1 second of the years best is excellent. The guys that do it in full belt kit and weapon have done the course a time or two and have had loads of time training. I bet the record for this year is not held by someone there for the selection course.

Well done, I hope you enjoy it.

Nick

Guest kevseabass

Nick

Many thanks for the encouragment. I need as much as i can get at the moment. Cheers mate. the only trouble is i wont be able to get much fishing done.....However the camp is at the mouth of the exe( I think thats right) there were tons and tons of fresh baits when the tide is out. Place your peeler orders now!!!!!!

Guest scoobs11

you will probably find there is a fishing club there , and might even get a day off every week to go fishing.

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest Daveangler1

Kev, keep me informed about the amount of Posted Image'CROWN JEWELS' Posted Image there is, and i'll place me order.

Charlie Green, over and out. Posted Image

[This message has been edited by Daveangler1 (edited 12 September 2001).]

Guest petechinnock

Congrats to Kev Now the Hard work begins!!!

Dave I was thinking about fishing seatown on saturday but i heard about one match so didn't bother cos i like a bit of solitude.To be faced with two matches nightmare!

That must have been really gutting when that bloke hooks up beside you!

You mentioned you fished pulley rigs how long were they? I tend to find with the bass cos they don't like the resistance that i have to use anything up to 8ft. not easy to cast with the big baits but ok for the lob into the surf

Pete

Guest Daveangler1

Ah, thought about that one Pete, i've got some with about 3ft snoods on at the moment, but i've tried them short and long and can't tell which works best. I've had good results using a threeway swivel to make fixed paternosters, almost a bolt rig, but at the moment i've gone back to the old fashioned running ledger with a 3ft snood and 1 ft rotton bottom for least resistance(Hopefully).

Going down with Kev on Thursday night 13th for a few hours if your interested, down on the right somewhere.

P.S. Did you go anywhere else on Saturday

[This message has been edited by Daveangler1 (edited 12 September 2001).]