syastem32

skippy41

I run windows xp and whan I start up I recive the following mesage

windows system 32 .exe delfolders/tools is missing, where can I find them as they are not on this pc anywhere, or do I need to download them from somewhere.

I had to reboot my pc due to them foregners interfearing with everything (a trojen) and at start up that apears every time ,also, :confused: it now takes longer to load up.

please reply with a solution in very plain english as im a grandpa and my grand kids know how to baffel me with computer gobledegook

Once you have this sort of problem, you really have 2 choices:

1.) Format your drive & reinstall Windows (the best but not necessarily most practical method particularly if you do not have a partioned drive & will lose all your files as a result

2.) Restore Windows to a previous restore point (assuming you have system restore active?)

You can achieve this quite easily & MAY solve your problem

My recommendation would be to wipe your drive & start again ...

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

skippy41 - maybe we can fix this sucker. My grandkids have taken a few of my brain cells too. :D

First off, if you do have system restore turned on (and it probably was when the PC was first set up) and the problem started recently, you may be able to fix it that way.

Click Start

Click Help and Support

Click Performance and Maintenance

Click Using System Restore to undo changes

Click Run the System Restore Wizard

Tick "Restore My Computer to an earlier time" and click the Next button then pick a date from before the problem started.

If that doesn't get you running again, please post the EXACT error message you are getting and exactly when you get it.

Even if the system restore does get things fixed, there will be some left over bad stuff that needs removing. I'll give you specific directions when we figure out just where we are.

If I don't answer quickly, I'm going to be traveling back and forth to a fish-in about an hour away and will be away from the PC quite a bit starting tomorrow (Friday) but I will check in every day at some point. Also, I'm 5 hours later than you are so the times I'm on may seem a little strange.

[ 05. November 2004, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President