Email addresses

Had a major going's on with the 'puter and had to format and reload. That was not a problem as I had made a full contents backup using Ghost just a couple of months ago. Reloaded ...... up and running in an hour and a half with just the current updates to catch up on. Norton ghost saved to DVD's is brill it saved 8.5Gb on two disks. So all was well until I went to put in currently stored email addresses, saved just before the format.I thought that I had saved them as 'Wab' files all ready to import but it seems that I somehow saved them as 'vcard' files and I cannot find a way to import them into the contacts file (address book).

Anybody able to help coz I don't want to spend hours typing them all back in.

Thanks a lot Charles :confused: :confused: :confused:

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Hi Ian

I use Outlook Express. I have in the past imported and exported from it with no problems at all. It's quite a simple procedure but this time it seems to have gone pear shaped.

I was more than a little surprised to have the vcard format when I went to import them after the reload. I have found out that I can transfer each one seperatley by adding it to the address book almost like starting from scratch but I have hundreds to transfer.

A quicker solution would be very much appreciated.

Regards Charles

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.