Frontpage help Please????

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

Hi all,

Im having trouble with a particuler page of a website ive done in front page.

This one : http://www.participaction.net/garden.htm

On my Monitor all looks well, but on the slightly bigger one at work the deviders appear off centre. I think their position depends on the text in the word wrap but I dont know how to overcome the problem.

Please help??? :confused: :confused:

Presumably it's the blue/green bars you want centered. If you email the file to me (PM me for an address) I'll quickly open it up in frontpage and take a look.

I can see the problem from here though. The bars are in as paragraph text. The paragraphs are not big enough on higher resolutions to have the bars below the image to the immediate left or right.

What you need to do is create a table 1 row, by 2 columns. Put the image in one column, the text in another AND THEN put the divider beneath the table. Repeat the process for each section.

As I said, if you PM me or send me the file I'll edit the original page so you can see what I mean.

Cheers

Ian

Ian W

Guest jay_con

Cheers. I think I understand that.

Done the first 2 how does it look?

Do you use a lot of tables when doing webpages?

Guest jay_con

Is there a way to indent the text slightly. I dont like the way it runs to the edge of the box.??

Thanks for your help!!!!

@SUMMER@

I have found that it helps if everything is in tables and all the menus in table options should give you what you want like cell padding & allignment etc. But you should hide the gridlines. Been a while since I used Frontpage.

One other thing - some people consider black borders on pictures and underlined text to be a bit old fashioned.

Just trying to help, I'm sure there are others here with much more knowledge.

@SUMMER@

I haven't a clue. There must be loads of website designers here who can answer that question.

But for what it's worth I remember a magazine getting criticised once for having thick black borders on its pictures. I also remember reading that undelined text is a hangover from typewriter days when there were very few options to make text stand out, whereas nowadays we can change the font, size, colour etc. And finally someone once told me that a good bit of white space is a good thing on a web page.

Hope this helps but I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Guest jay_con

You did, and I do agree. But untill I know html (a winters project) I have no other option. The tables have been helpfull though.

What do you think are the chances of the search engines listing the site?