AVG Problems

Ian FG

It happened first on my laptop now it has happened on my desktop. When I try to update AVG it says the last update was incomplete and it will let me get no further. I tried to remove AVG and reinstall it but that didn't work. Anyone know how to fix this or know of another good free AV prog?

From start menu search for everything containing the letters AVG then when the list is complete delete the lot. Then reinstall from fresh.

Worked a couple of times for me with similer problems although not exactly the same problem..

Thanks for the input folks.

However, AVG will not let me update or remove or re-install, it says I still have AVG, even though I used their own Uninstall prog and manually deleted the leftovers.

Strange that I had the same prob on both comps.

Anyway, I now have Avast anti-virus on the laptop and Antvir anti-virus on the desktop, no probs so far....both are free.

Skippy, thanks for your perseverence but I have given up on AVG, I emailed their tech help but they don't respond to users of AVG Free (fair enough, I suppose) AntiVir was a bit of a let down because it had a problem updating. Avast anti-virus is very good and it's free and now on both my computers.

@AUTUMN@, thanks for the help mate but AVG just will not go no matter what I do.

[ 19. September 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Ian FG ]