Looking for decent places to fish in or near to Ipswich

Andy Buckman

Hi, I'm new to the Ipswich area and am looking for decent day ticket fishing, can anyone recommend any venues? I'm mainly looking to pleasure fish for whatever I catch, any hints and tips on particular venues very much appreciated, many thanks

tight lines

Andy

Hi, I'm new to the Ipswich area and am looking for decent day ticket fishing, can anyone recommend any venues? I'm mainly looking to pleasure fish for whatever I catch, any hints and tips on particular venues very much appreciated, many thanks
Try looking up suffolk water park.

Andy

Welcome to Suffolk !

Depending on how often you go on a day ticket, it would be worth it to look at a GAPS ( Gipping Angling Preservation Society ) membership www.gippingaps.co.uk. This will give you plenty of water to go at, of varying styles, for good value over a season.

In addition, there is Sink Pit at Kesgrave which is owned by Markhams Tackle on the Woodbridge Rd.

Out at Melton, nr Woodbridge, you've got 2 other day ticket waters.

Let us know how you get on.

Nic

Went to Suffolk Water Park for a few hours yesterday afternoon, after speaking to the chap in the bait shop I decided to give the traditional lake a try, was into the fish within a mater of minutes, had a few nice roach and rudd and a multitude of decent skimmers, then, later on in the session the bream came on. First one went to 3lb then it kinda went a little quiet for a time but just before I came off the water I took a bream to 5lb. For a first visit to a new water I had a great time, will deffo be returning again. The chap in the bait shop could'nt have been more helpful, I must have spent a good 20 minutes talking with him about how the different lakes were fishing, 20 minutes or so very well spent! Unfortunately I didnt take my camera otherwise I'd post a piccy or 2, must remember that for next time :P

tight lines

Andy

Went to Suffolk Water Park for a few hours yesterday afternoon, after speaking to the chap in the bait shop I decided to give the traditional lake a try, was into the fish within a mater of minutes, had a few nice roach and rudd and a multitude of decent skimmers, then, later on in the session the bream came on. First one went to 3lb then it kinda went a little quiet for a time but just before I came off the water I took a bream to 5lb. For a first visit to a new water I had a great time, will deffo be returning again. The chap in the bait shop could'nt have been more helpful, I must have spent a good 20 minutes talking with him about how the different lakes were fishing, 20 minutes or so very well spent! Unfortunately I didnt take my camera otherwise I'd post a piccy or 2, must remember that for next time :P

Brilliant,i love it when i pass on useful info and it works out well for them,makes me feel kinda toasty inside.lol. :)