Splash/Semi-Dry Cags?

JRT

I buy from the states all the time. Some things to remember; most things will have 4% duty + VAT @ 17.5%. Parcel Force can charge 1 of 2 rates for the priveledge of charging this duty/tax, the lesser being £8!! The tax due will be based on cost of the good + the total shipping charges. Therefore try to arrange the company to ship via USP overground, rather than FedEX business or something. If you can get them to label it as a present and send the paperwork separately even better.

Starvin, I'll see if Bournemouth Canoes can order in some PALM stuff for me to try on. Thanks for all the advise.

JRT

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers JRT, the import duty etc I was expecting about 22% total, it was just the extra £8, never been charged that before, might have been that it was a heavy parcel.

Bournemouth Canoes should have Palm gear instock as they had some at the Boat Show, worth checking though, the Bib and Brace that Simon has is a new model and may not be in stock yet. If you are going through the winter, I would advise getting something with neck and wrist seals, think survival just in case you take a dunking.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I've just remembered that I've got a US based colleague visiting the UK later this month, so I may be able to get one delivered personally, without the duty, VAT, etc. :D

I always prefer to try clothing articles on first, but for $100 I guess its worth taking a chance.

JRT, I have just bought a Lotus Designs (Patagonia) Kamlei jacket from Sierra Trading Post. I think these are last years version of the Seaward in your link as the design and fabric are similar but they are now heavily discounted in the States.

I got one in XL from SierraDesigns.com for $80 delivered to USA (I picked it up from family on a trip). I have just used it surf fishing in Montauk and was very good. Have a look at this link or google Lotus Designs Kamlei if you need XL as Sierra seem to have sold out of this size.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/ba.../qx/product.htm

Well I've ordered Lotus Designs jacket from SierraTradingPost. We'll see what happens with the customs lottery. I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Obviously Ollie I'll hold you personally responsible if its rubbish ;-)

JRT