Splash/Semi-Dry Cags?

JRT

Can anyone suggest a waterproof Splash/Semi-Dry top. Breathable would be nice. This would be for both yakking and as a surf top over waders. Lots of room for movement/fly casting and have an adjustable/comfortable neck so I don't boil. This has to be capable of keeping you dry from catching a wave full on in the back/chest.

I have a Goretex Simms Guide jacket and it's crap in the surf.

Cheers

JRT

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JRT,

I have just got a pair of PALM dry legs - this is a bib and brace dry suit bottom half with a fly in them so you can do the necessary easily - better than waders! They have booties on the bottom, so I intend to use them as waders too!

For the top I have a PALM semi dry cag - between them there is a pretty good seal around the middle - not DRY, but if you fell in and got out within a minute or so you wouldn't be soaking. As they are breathable stuff you will dry yourself out by body heat - provided you have enough energy.

Very good kit and a British firm too. They have a website I am sure. They also have a webof dealers up and down the country - so go and have a look at some of their kit.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi JRT.

For a semi dry cag, breathable,built to last take a look at this.

I use this cag, and am well pleased with its performance and quality.

Plenty of room to move, well cut for comfort.

I use this cag summer and winter, no problem, mainly winter.

http://www.bournemouthcanoes.co.uk/product...-extrem-cag.htm

As for paddle trousers, these are a great asset to your kit, they will keep you dry, and comfortable, nothing worse than wet nuts and bum all day :D

http://www.bournemouthcanoes.co.uk/product...trous/khago.htm

Hope it helps.

YY :)

[ 02. October 2005, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Yakity - Yak - u.k. ]

Here is the Palm website JRT

http://www.palm-equipment.co.uk/

The quality and fit is excellent, I use the Greenland Top and Dart Trousers for Summer and Autumn, hope to get the Extreme and Bib and Brace for Winter and Spring.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Yakity,

my waders gave up - well they were about 8 years old. The soles of the stocking feet went through, the bum wore through, there were thorn holes in the knees etc etc... When they finally lost one of their shoulder straps I decided I had lost the battle - and run out of neoprene glue and Aquaseal :D

Through the summer I have just been wearing shorts or wading pants (the kind you use on the flats in the tropics) they dry in 10 minutes when back ashore and keep the wind out brilliantly. BUT, I am not getting any younger, so for the winter i thought a set of proper DRY paddling pants was the ticket - I'll use them as waders as well (instead of the other way round). You have to get the use out of these things you know!!

Sandals are still going strong happily and they send their best regards!! Hopefully they will see you in Hallsands in the spring ready to go out on the edge of the Skerries for a plaice :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

JRT,

That top looks intresting. I too am in the market for one. The availability is low-ish, but they have my size & preferred colour :)

Just not sure about the import/shipping costs :(

Have you looked into this aspect ?

I've just been stung for £53 pound on $330 dollars worth of goods, that included £8 from Parcel Force as a handlng charge. :mad:

Worth checking in advance.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com