One for you lads

tuggs

Hi Tuggs,

I've had one for a few weeks, and it is great for lure fishing. I wanted to target pollock and bass around my new home in Devon. No luck with either, but plenty of Mackerel - but I guess that's fishing!!

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

since im having doubts about the longevity of my prowler 13 i thinking maybe a hobby kayak outback one for fishing etc but i aint had mutch luck finding a uk dealer as yet

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

HF why are you having doubts.

Having looked at several makes and models now, Hobie, Heritage, Wilderness Systems, Malibu, Ocean K ayak and Perception, I believe that you will have the same wear and tear on all of them, treat her right, and she will be fine, drag her across sharp rocks she will scar. £400 or £1000+ your choice, can't honestly see why the Hobies are so expensive.

SM :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hungry if you had a problem with the scuppers you would probably have known about it by now! As for longevity, it should last for years if looked after..mine was an exdemo/delivery and the tip of the stern was dragged on a driveway - the scrape went deeper than most. I still expect it to last me a good while yet :)

If you're set on getting a new yak it may be best to get one which will complement the one you have - I have a short yak so my next one will probably be quite long being suited for the longer trips I may make.. the Prowler 13 looks like an all rounder - you could just stick with that for a little while?! :D

[ 04. October 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow