lights?

richi

Hi Speciman, I managed to get around 6hrs with the fish finder and the navigation light.The light started to get very dim after about 5 hrs but I had the fishfinder setting 's set to the Maximum :)

The light should be visible for up to 2 miles I'm also going to put a high viz flag on the mast

:cool:

Well I'm off to try out the new prowler down in Hythe Kent hopefully might bag a few fish. :rolleyes:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback EC and good luck with the fishing. I'd be interested to hear any comparisons between the Prowler and Caper; particulary speed for the same effort and paddle used.

I took my led mast bulb to a chandlers last week to check if its fits the socket on a standard navigation light and it does. If battery life becomes an issue I recommend fitting one of these bulbs. The draw is only 60ma and its nice and bright having tested it on a 12v battery. With such a low draw, duration should be measured in days not hours :)

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Yakity these navigation lights are sealed aren't they? :confused:

The ones I have seen with the detachable pole have a waterproof cover on them used when the poles are detached. If the lights aren't sealed then perhaps some sealant could be put around the rim of the lens cover.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow