lights?

richi

Just come back from an evening fishing and was impressed with my mates flashing red bike light that he'd attached to the rear of his box.

Was very visible from quite a distance.That plus a headtorch will do for me.

Cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone as usual you've been a wealth of information

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

will have a gps soon so may well head to poole harbour again and try flounders i aint ever fished for em before so i think im gonna need a few lessons on how to catch them so if any one wants to start a thread subject fish speci and how to catch ill follow it with a lot of interest :D

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Hi EC

Did your mast light arrive - Does it look like its easy to stow away when needed? My LED mastlight bulb arrived today. May buy the pole you have. Was thinking of using the light mast as a flag pole too.

[ 05. October 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Speciman, the mast has arrived yesterday and tomorrow I am going to wire up the light and fish finder to see how long it will last? :) . The mast fits inside no problem at all but that's with the hatch on the new prowler :) but now I have a prowler do i change my name to the essexprowler :D:D

[ 05. October 2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: essex caper ]

Specimen,

thanks for the tip on how to change your thingy - I've just posted this to see if my details have changed!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi guys.

Re the sea light ( alround white )

Might be wise to buy a unit made for the job, rather than trying to make one up.

Nothing wrong with making things, but the light is an important piece of kit if your fishing at night.

If you tipped,your home made light may short out,if not a sealed watertight unit.

Re using the mast for a flag, good idea,I use it on the "Mistress", a great aid to being seen.

Just a thought.

I paid about £15 for my sea light, you can see it on top of the mast at the rear of the crate.

prowl9.jpg

YY:)