homebrew

thuramario

has anyone got any good cheap, homebased recipies for ground or pelet bait?

today i mixed rice, oats, various seed n nuts, bioled n mashed them, added sugar and flour, and tumuric to die it yellow, and now its a cakey mix (havn't got a clue if its gonna work but want to suprise the big fish in case they are sick of the same old rubbish and cos they might associate common baits with danger).

Sounds to me like you've got the right idea.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Sounds to me like you've got the right idea.

have you ever had any sucsess on an intersting mix?

Hi. There are loads of tips in the Anglers Net Forums. Click on 'search' at the top of the page and search for things like 'vitalin', 'home made ground bait', and such like. You'll get a big list for each search and you will have to plough through them.

If you search for vitalin you will find that 'home made ground bait' is one of the topics in the list.

Pete

Guest Rabbit

One of the best ground bait or feeder bait I use is the small 3 mm ''Dynamite' halllibut pellets

Put some in a bait box and add a small amount of water, wait for 10 minutes and you will have a good pellet attractor for loose feeding, or for your feeder. A pellet on your hook either a soft hook able or a hard pellet on a bait band will work well. Try moulding as paste around your hook too. This product has a strong oily discharge and works well in the summer whe the warmer water releases the oils.

You can use them dry of course for loose feeding.

My old dad used to use stale bread, left to soak for an hour or so, then mash it up and squeeze as much water out as you can, then he would add bran and any odd bits of hook bait, like corn maggots,caster ,meat. its very simple but effective.Ive seen shoals of barbel over the stuff on the avon and my dad never lost a match against my matchman uncle ;)

Hi. There are loads of tips in the Anglers Net Forums. Click on 'search' at the top of the page and search for things like 'vitalin', 'home made ground bait', and such like. You'll get a big list for each search and you will have to plough through them.

If you search for vitalin you will find that 'home made ground bait' is one of the topics in the list.

Pete

Hi Rabbit,

Would this mix work well for chub and barbel? i'm looking for a mix to use on a part of the wey as at the moment I'm fishing a maggot feeder with little success. Could you mash up some hemp and add that in too?

My old dad used to use stale bread, left to soak for an hour or so, then mash it up and squeeze as much water out as you can, then he would add bran and any odd bits of hook bait, like corn maggots,caster ,meat. its very simple but effective.Ive seen shoals of barbel over the stuff on the avon and my dad never lost a match against my matchman uncle ;)

Eheh just saw this post! I'll have to give it a go :)

The way I see it is, if it's food and it's safe for the fish to eat (ie: cooked pulses etc.) it's probably worth a crack. All I look for is the correct behaviour or dispersal properties of the mixture I've made.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...