Access Problems

Ken Davison South Wales

Below is a copy of a letter sent to Pembrey Park Manager and e-mail (top section) C. D. James MBA CMA FTS MILAM MIPR, he may have a lot of letters behind his name but it is a pity he does not take notice of what is really happening in the world today.

I am spitting teeth and this lot have trod on the wrong toes.

Dear Sir,

Below is a copy of the letter I will be sending to the Parks Manager, Pembrey County Park today in reply to the letter rescinding my vehicle permit on extremely short notice.

I cannot describe how upset I feel over this matter. Conservation is of the upmost importance to me and I am constantly fighting via numerous organisations for the protection of the seas resources, access for RSAs and against the sort of wholesale destruction carried out on the cockle beds under the misguided stewardship of the SWSFC. They are totally responsible for the irresponsible issuing of vast numbers of licenses which led to the chaos on Cefn Sidan Beach at the cost of the local rate payers.

Ken Davison

37 Ammanford Rd,

Tycroes,

Ammanford,

Carmarthenshire. SA18 3QJ

Friday, 28 October 2005

Dear Sir,

I fully understand your concerns over the number of vehicles accessing Cefn Sidan beach at Point F.

I was absolutely horrified to see the cone runway constructed at no small cost to local ratepayers to accommodate the commercial exploitation of the cockle beds. The blame for this lies firmly with the over issue of permits for cocklers not the very small usage by Recreational Sea Anglers.

At sixty two years of age I treasure my visits to Cefn Sidan beach for RSA and a ban on my vehicle would be a ban on me as I am not fit enough to reach the beach carrying my equipment.

My vehicle gives me access to the full extent of the beach from North Channel to Three Rivers Estuary and forms a very important part of my RSA.

I was due to take a friend for a session on Tuesday the 15th of November a trip which was planned some months ago and for which he was due to travel some considerable distance, but due to the extraordinary short notice I will have to cancel and seek another venue.

In view of the governments recent recognition of the money RSAs generate for the UK I am extremely surprised and disappointed at this action.

I will be placing this information in the following places: DEFRA Ben Bradshaw, local mp, Anglers Net, and other associated RSA organisations.

This is yet another example of anglers being restricted from fishing venues.

I dare say the wind sailing fraternity and others will be the clubs given access whilst individuals like myself will be discarded.

Yours Disgusted,

Ken Davison

:angry::angry:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist