Call Alert While Surfing With A 56k

billy5000

Hi all

i was just wondering if anyone knows of any software except(call alert 1.0)which can give me a popup id while im on the net with my 56k.?? im using xp pro

i was tinkering with call alert and it alerts fine when offline(through pc speakers)and its pretty good but i was hoping to see who is trying to call me while im surfing but i assume only broadband can do that with call alert:((being broadband can surf and call at the same time)

if anyone knows of any that can do it id be chuffed:)

sg

Edited by billy5000

Hi billy5000, you can get an independant Caller Display unit, or a phone that gives digital display, which are just a few pounds + £4 quartely with BT.

But to incorporate something that also gives you a popup display, on your computer, of your phonecaller + an instant link to a database. Where you can mass, and display a number of facts about the caller.

You need to spend some pennies.

I hope this will help

Caller ID Unit

The CID1 Caller ID unit plugs into a standard telephone socket and passes Caller ID information on to the computer via its serial port. A telephone splitter adapter is included so you can connect a normal telephone to the same telephone socket.

The CID1 unit is BABT approved and is powered from the computer's serial port so it does not need its own power supply. It has an REN (Ringer Equivalence Number) of 0, so it can still be used even if your total REN is already 4 (for example, if you have 4 telephone handsets on the same line).

The price of the CID1 unit is £125 + £6 carriage inc VAT.

If you know or find a cheap way of showing the callers ID on the computer please let me know. ;)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Hi all

cheers john,i have the small bt caller display unit already(abit faulty)its a blue little thing:)

at the mo i have bt caller id active on my line using an amstrad emailer and the service is free to bt customers.but was looking for something that tells me whos nailing my bandwidth while im using my 56k:(

you know,your surfing and it slows down to a crawl:(:)

if i sort it il let you know(im gonna look into a way to incorparate my emailer(using its usb port)to give me info of a caller info.

cheers again

sg