How Low Will Antis Go

didi

I'm a bit surprised that noone so far has called into question the dubious practice of posting pictures of alleged paedophiles on public forums. Any evidence, photographic or otherwise, should be handed directly to the police, and not posted where it might result in self-appointed vigilantes deciding to take the law into their own hands.

Back in the days of witch hunts, any lonely old eccentric woman was likely to find herself being persecuted once the "witch fever" had taken hold of the public imagination. I can see the same thing happening in the present day (just change the gender). Criminals (of whatever sort) need bringing to justice, but that's a job for the police, not the lynch mob.

im afraid to say if any of my children got molested i would be the lynch mob, and be happy to serve my time noing the lowlife nonce was in the ground where they belong. this day and age pervs get 2 to 3 years for molesting kids is that justice :blink: i dont think so.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise this is a very emotive subject, but public "naming and shaming" will inevitably result in the wrong people being targeted by people who know no better. Don't you remember the paediatrician's house that was attacked by people too whipped-up by the media (and stupid) to know the difference between "paediatrician" and "paedophile"?

I don't know what the legal situation is regarding the posting of photographs on forums in this way, but I wouldn't be surprised if the police viewed it as "incitement to violence".

Edited by DavyR

I can't get to that link without being a signed up member of those forums!

As to lynch mobs, I don't agree with them. I more than fully agree that punishments should fit the crime and at the moment they simply do not. However we all know that people will hound perfectly innocent people because someone thinks they are paedophiles. In our society people are still meant to be innocent until proven guilty. Instead we need to work at making Government see sense about punishing all criminals adequately.

(I should add I have first hand experience of victims of this vile crime).

Edited by Lid

I can't get to that link without being a signed up member of those forums!

That's interesting, Lid - I've just tried the link and got the same result, although it was certainly accessible yesterday. Perhaps that forum has received some friendly advice about possibly illegal activity!

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post, btw.

That's interesting, Lid - I've just tried the link and got the same result, although it was certainly accessible yesterday. Perhaps that forum has received some friendly advice about possibly illegal activity!

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest of your post, btw.

http://thehuntinglife.com/ the anti thread has been removed. but not becauce police where informed but the anti involed also attack local hunts mens horses who are members of that forum aswell as taking pictures of there little boys. i dont know how you been fetched up and i dont want to argue with you we all have our own beleifs, but the present day laws woudent serve the correct punishment i do no that

:rolleyes:

didi - laws and punishments are two separate things. We mostly have pretty clear laws against the kinds of crime we are talking about, and in many cases the maximum punishments that can be imposed would be fine too.

However either the courts simply give too lenient a sentence in the first place, or the sentence is ridiculously reduced by the parole system.

Take the simple example of first degree murder. If found guilty then the sentence should be life imprisonment - which means until the end of the murderer's natural life. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. (Which means Dirty Den should still be in jail - and not a successful actor!)

And yes there's another debate available about how our prison service should be run so that it is hard, but humane and also cost effective. At the end of the day there will always be non conformants in our society, ranging from petty criminals to violent sex offenders and we have to have the means to punish adequately and hopefully, especially in the latter case, deter.

Governments need to recognise this and put in long term plans before society breaks down any more.

Edited by Lid

Once again I find myself agreeing with Lid. Didi, I wasn't after an argument about whether or not paedophiles receive adequate prison sentences. I thought I was making it pretty clear that my point was that people can't just go posting photos of alleged criminals on public forums because that would be open to all sorts of abuse.

Once again I find myself agreeing with Lid. Didi, I wasn't after an argument about whether or not paedophiles receive adequate prison sentences. I thought I was making it pretty clear that my point was that people can't just go posting photos of alleged criminals on public forums because that would be open to all sorts of abuse.
david mate, those antis involved in stalking and terrorising people who are mearly doing what they have been doing for hundreds of years, have had there photo's put on a hunting forum and i know for a certain fact they new there ugly mugs where put on that forum, might think twice about stalking harming people's animals and taking photo's of little boys now every hunting man who veiws that forum no's who they are

:blink:

Didi, if you want to know what the police attitude to public naming and shaming is, here is an example:

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/behind/a...0726name2.shtml

Obviously I don't know the details of the case of the people highlighted in your original post but if those men were attacked as a result of having their photos made public, the police would be asking some pretty hard questions of those responsible.

Didi, if you want to know what the police attitude to public naming and shaming is, here is an example:

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/behind/a...0726name2.shtml

Obviously I don't know the details of the case of the people highlighted in your original post but if those men were attacked as a result of having their photos made public, the police would be asking some pretty hard questions of those responsible.

david mate we both have differnt veiws, but what you do not understand it is swings and round abouts, those perthetic antis put hunters faces on there anti websites thats why they know who to stalk and follow, so i suppose its swings and round abouts. one more thing the manament of those hunting forums take no resposability for any pics put up, thats part of the agreement when you sign up with them.