Winter On The Top Pool

Geoff johnson

To julian or other sotas members,I have been fishing the top pool for the past month just one night at the weekend with no success yet i was wondering would it be worth fishing it in these current weather conditions cold frosty nights and has the top pool any track records in these conditions i dont want to me wasting my time with an 80 mile round trip.

Hmmmm.... Julian's decorating his house this weekend, which makes me think that he doesn't rate his chances.

Either that, or he's hankering after a 'pass' from the wife for next week. :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Geoff,

The Top Pool must rate as one of the hardest Winter waters I’ve fished. The hardest months are November to February, where it’s quite rare to get a sniff, although I’d never say it’s impossible as I have had a few in the worst of conditions. As far as I’m aware, no fish came off last year between Nov-Feb so it may well be worth giving it a wide birth. Half the problem is that the woods are closed and the fish usually hang about in the out of bounds areas. To be honest, if I had days available I’d spend my time on the Main Lake which does produce a number of fish over Winter.

Hope this helps...

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Hi Geoff,

The Top Pool must rate as one of the hardest Winter waters I’ve fished. The hardest months are November to February, where it’s quite rare to get a sniff, although I’d never say it’s impossible as I have had a few in the worst of conditions. As far as I’m aware, no fish came off last year between Nov-Feb so it may well be worth giving it a wide birth. Half the problem is that the woods are closed and the fish usually hang about in the out of bounds areas. To be honest, if I had days available I’d spend my time on the Main Lake which does produce a number of fish over Winter.

Hope this helps...Thanks for the reply julian concerning the top pool in winter it does not sound to encouraging i may try eleswhere considering the distance i have travel to the venue.

Julian