River Ebro

chris mc

Thanx alot ,for the info and to Alibee for a nice read and great picsl.

Really like the look of catmastertours .Thanx for the link Budgie very imformative/helpfull.

The Riu Ebre is not just about Cats there are a few charters operating out of Galaxta, near Riumar at the river mouth, who do excellent sea fishing for Bonito, Dorado, Palometa (Leerfish not Permit), Bass and Amberjack.

A couple of them have started to cater for Saltwater fly-fishing as well.

Worth a look if you are holidaying on the Costa Dorada.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The Riu Ebre is not just about Cats there are a few charters operating out of Galaxta, near Riumar at the river mouth, who do excellent sea fishing for Bonito, Dorado, Palometa (Leerfish not Permit), Bass and Amberjack.

A couple of them have started to cater for Saltwater fly-fishing as well.

Worth a look if you are holidaying on the Costa Dorada.

Cheers Tony :) ,hered theres some nice Mullet in there as well but i'ts not really my cup of Tea .Want to catch some nice Barbel/Carp and Cats.

Guest allibee
Cheers Tony :) ,hered theres some nice Mullet in there as well but i'ts not really my cup of Tea .Want to catch some nice Barbel/Carp and Cats.

comiza barbel are in a different river i can't spell near Madrid

plenty of mullet too in the Ebro, other operators catch them at specimen sizes and they make great cat bait

:) - not the middle ebro though

Most of the Mullet in the main river are thin lips and the shoals are huge, the one at Amposta where the irrigation channel comes in upstream of the bridge; is nearly 100m long and 20m wide at times. most of the fish are in the 500 - 1,500g bracket but occasional bigger fish turn up.

The bigger thick lipped are around the river mouth Galaxta and El Garxal, there are also a number of big fish in the drainage ditches that connect to the sea, but as these are in the Natural Park area fishing is very much prohibida.

I have had a lot of fun catching small Mullet (500g or so), on fly, off Platja Trabujador on the southern arm of the delta, this is also reputed to be the spawining area for the Amberjack so one of these days i might be in for a shock.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

hi

I can very much recommend Gary Sheridan from carpdreamfishing.com i have been with him a few times and was very very satisifed with the service. He supplies all the rods,bait and also the boats and also you can bivvy up and fish all night for the carp/cats as he has legal night fishing and its very safe. The last time i was there i had cats to 154lbs carp to 21lbs and barbel to 8lbs (this was in july) and also mullet, eels, roach etc while messing about on a light rod during lunch.

He can also pick you up at reus and will drive you righ to the swims. He is located near amposta and has a good record of catching big fish.

comiza barbel are in a different river i can't spell near Madrid

plenty of mullet too in the Ebro, other operators catch them at specimen sizes and they make great cat bait

:) - not the middle ebro though

I must if missed hered John Wilson on Go fishing as i thought he said he had 3 rods out two for cats and one for Barbel on the Ebro.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

hi chris

if you wish to send me an E-mail i will be able to help further the only thing i would like to add is the fact how well the fishing has been of late with catfish to 140+ and some superb bass hay adam you wont beleive how many we are catching down here mate i got some nice ones the other day to 3.5 kilos and one at 2.4 kios truly hope all is going wqell with the university and look forward to speaking soon. can i just add merry christmas to one and a happy new year. :D

post-1760-1133917042_thumb.jpg

post-1760-1133917092_thumb.jpg

post-1760-1133917128_thumb.jpg

post-1760-1133917192_thumb.jpg

fishing guide for catfish and carp