Spinners For Perch

Guest Ferret1959

vidar i also have to agree with steve that the aglia (long especially) can be retrieved ultra slow without the losing any of the action, the panther martin is ok but certainly not as prolific for me, maybe it is better for char and trout than perch? the worden rooster tail can be fished very slowly aswell but is very light for the equvilant sizes of other makes, making it better suited to shallow water. As for sheakespeare spinners and lures in general - absolute crap! the big s the only exception, most spinners i know would significantly outfish sheakspeare spinners.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vidar i also have to agree with steve that the aglia (long especially) can be retrieved ultra slow without the losing any of the action, the panther martin is ok but certainly not as prolific for me, maybe it is better for char and trout than perch? the worden rooster tail can be fished very slowly aswell but is very light for the equvilant sizes of other makes, making it better suited to shallow water. As for sheakespeare spinners and lures in general - absolute crap! the big s the only exception, most spinners i know would significantly outfish sheakspeare spinners.

I must be honest enough to admit I don't use much spinners for Perch as I prefer soft plastics, but I think you could be right in that Panther Martin is more effective for Trout and Char.

My original comment was based on the fact that Panther Martin (my personal opinion) always has allowed me to fish very deep Norwegian glacier lakes more efficient than most other in-line spinners.

Edited by Vidar6

yes vidar id agree that the venue in question has obvious implecations on what spinner is best for the job, i have found that for rivers mepps xd is unbeatable but for still waters or slow moving water the aglia long is best. i havent yet experienced any deep water perch from norway but if i ever do il take the panther martin.

Guest Ferret1959
Ferret posting your perch flies off today,tight lines.

Will be watching for your reports :D

Can't believe how fast I got these lures.

Tied and arrived that fast the varnish is still wet.

Snatcher, yer a star, don't matter what the others say about ya, you is spot on in my book.;)

Now if they don't catch that another matter.:):D

Now Dave do not go putting my "beasties" into a glass case. They are for (hopefully) catching perch with. Expect you to cast them amongst the snags as well because that is where the perch quite often are,waiting in ambush :)

Tops it probably took me 1 hour to knock that lot out and the cost was coppers. Go for it my son. Plenty more where they came from if you need restocking :D

Give the first perch a kiss from uncle Snatcher before you put it back ;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Spinners are fantastic perch attractors but are seldom efficient for big perch. Strange but true, at least from my own experience... Perhaps because small perch often are more aggressive, uncritical and moves faster than the big ones, who also are fewer. I think that the tactics for big perch is not so unlike the ones for pike. Big bait, big fish. As all predators perch aim for as much food as possible by using as little energy as possible. Therefore the ideal dinner is a big bait that also appears to be woundes and easy to catch... a big topwater lure or a wobbler. Dont be afraid to use bait that is longer than 20 cm. The same rule applys for jigs. This is a sure way to catch more big perch but you dont get as many...

Edited by Jan O