Pva Bags

Uncle Fester

Ok rabbit, I must admit that I was wrong that PVA Bag was solely for carping fish that it did never occur to me at the time of posting that you can use pva bag for others species as well

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I have started putting a small hook (10-14) on a ring and sliding that onto the lead clip with the lead and all I have to do then is tie up the bag and hook it on and cover the hook point with somthing!, its really good! it saves puting the whole rig in the bag, which can be fiddly in freezing conditions! It could be used with small bags aswell. What do you lot think of the idea? Be honest!

Ive used pva for roach! its not solely for carp

That sounds like a good idea :rolleyes: I will certainly give that a go. Thanks

Ok rabbit, I must admit that I was wrong that PVA Bag was solely for carping fish that it did never occur to me at the time of posting that you can use pva bag for others species as well

Oh Yea ! Hair rigs as well ;)

Rabbit,

I take it the PVA bags come in a range of sizes? Is the PVA string strong enough to drag through a boilie with a needle, or must you drill them?

Thanks,

Unc F

I pre drill them and place them on a large meat stringer, then slide them on the pva sting attached to the hook.

Most of the time I pull the hooklength through the pva bag with a baiting needle then attach my hooklength via a quicklink to the rest of the rig.

the pva bag then slides down to the hook which is lightly nicked into the bag.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!