Pike Wanted

merlino     bill

i need help anybody in the north east newcastle-upon-tyne area know where me & my son can start pike fishing. the only place we have been told about is the q.e.2 at ashington anymore venues would be helpfull as long as it's a day ticket water mind you we are going to join w.a.c.a.c this year also.

thank's for any help. :D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I thouight the QE2 fish where decimated by an Argulus infection some years ago, but may be re-established.

There are two branches of the PAC active on Tyneside and they will undoubtably be able to help, look at:

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~robmurray/tpac.htm

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hi,

Having pike fished around Newcastle for the last 3 years I know that we have a very limited number of quality pike waters. QE2 is a good starting point. Big water and therefore you need to search out the fish. Bolam Lake is excellent for small pike and can be fished on a day ticket.

If you don’t mind travelling for an hour then I would recommend River Tees in Yarm and it’s free to fish for all rod licence holders.

If you need any more info get in touch.

Hope this helps.

Have the Pike in Killie Lake gone as well, there used to be large numbers of Jacks in there, particularly in the small pond near the School, my old alma mater.

I used to leave a spinning rod at my fathers so I could fish for them, until he got burgled.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Was also going to mention Bolam Lake as by all accounts its not a bad place to start from.

I have the phone numbers of the Tyneside Liason officers for the PAC if you want them. It may be worth your while to ring them and get some local up to date info.

oi oi first off can i thank you all for answering :D ne fishingyou say big waters & bolom lake i dont live no more than 15 min from ponteland & never thought about there even though iv'e been told about it before cheers as for big waters iv'e been a member for 6yrs & didn't know that.

tony the q.e. at ashington has recoverd im glad to say they do have some GOOD carp, big bream, & pike, plus the usual. As for killy the small lake has been drained & 3 pike removed to the big lake & that is the extent of them they also had a big fish kill(silver mainly) & is slowly recovering some nice carp.

brian if you could e.mail those number's or p.m me it would be helpfull.

once again thank's to one & all. bolom lake is looking favorite im going to start small.

:D:D:D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Will reply by PM as I'm not sure about posting tel. nos on the internet without the OK from the owners.

As I fish the Tees a lot I do have a lot of info about piking on there but I won't post it on here. I will include my home number to you if its any help