Night Piking?

david t

Neither water i plan to fish is pressured (the thames and a bucks estate lake), but i will still try it, i think it would add to the excitement, factor of pike fishing.

Not sure about fishing with a float and beta light, whenever ive used them with a float or even a q'tip they play tricks on my eyes, you keep thinking 'did it move or didnt it'.

I can see it working on pressured waters i suppose, day anglers throw old deadbaits in margins, at night the pike moves in too pick them up.

Thanks for advice, dave.

I've never pike fished all night, but I have stayed on after dark, both in summer and winter. This has been on various very lightly-fished waters - I'm not qualified to comment on heavilly-fished waters as I avoid them.

In each case I've caught on most of the sessions - on lures in summer, on dead baits on winter. On some occasions I've done better then than during the day, at other times sport has slowed down. What does seem to happen though is that a pattern becomes established for a while, and then several weeks later breaks down. But then this is common with pike anyway.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net