I Want To Get Wireless For My Laptop And 2 Other Computers In My House

***Simon***

i have a sony vaio vgn-fs115b and two other desktop computers and i really want to be able to use my laptop anywhere in the house.

how do i go about doing this? links to websites would be great and also items on ebay that i might need.

thanks for the help

always look on the bright side of life

how do i go about doing this? links to websites would be great and also items on ebay that i might need.

You can do quite a few things with wireless. I run two laptops and use a modem/wireless router hardwired to my desktop. What I found when trying to get connected was that most wireless routers run ethernet (category 5 cabling with rj45 connectors) while the modem I got from my provider (BT) only used a USB connection. I got around it by ordering this modem/router combo. If you want to connect to the internet from all of your stations you may need a wireless adaptor for each and they are all pretty much compatable (one laptop has a netgear the other a linksys adaptor). .

Warning though if you do go wireless make sure you change the default password on your router, don't broadcast your SSID, and use some sort of encryption. WEP I've heard works well.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

i have a sony vaio vgn-fs115b and two other desktop computers and i really want to be able to use my laptop anywhere in the house.

thanks for the help

First off, is your internet connection cable or adsl and what modem are you already using? Another consideration maybe bridges depending on how far away (plus thickness of walls etc...) you want to use your laptop, but first things first :)