Carping In Bristol

barb

• 2 weeks later...

(Anyone fish any venues,clubs,syndicates in and around bristol that could point me to some big carp waters)

Depends on how big big is? if your looking for 40's then you will be best off heading away from Bristol more chance of finding hens teeth and as for 30's not many of them either,so will be better off traveling to gloucester,oxford,london areas

Anyone fish any venues,clubs,syndicates in and around bristol that could point me to some big carp waters

Looking to get into some action in the new year

As far as bath but no farther was hoping there would be a couple of decent pits nearby i could do a few sessions on when the weather warms

As far as bath but no farther was hoping there would be a couple of decent pits nearby i could do a few sessions on when the weather warms

As my post said there are NO big fish waters around localy,most of the lakes "if" you wont to call them lakes are small and not large pits and are mainly small fish waters,any large waters a round are trout ressies and fly fishing only

But i could be wrong but doubt it

have you tried shearwater or longleat, shearwater is the biggest at about 27 acres but you have to get through the small carp and bream. longleat has 3 lakes bottom lake has smaller carp more of a match lake, middle has carp to i think 20ish. top lake i was once told had carp to 38lb. but not sure if this is correct. all the lakes are about 25 miles from bath and night fishing is allowed on them (shearwater road side only) but give them a ring as they have changed the close season times. Nick Robbins 01985844496) take the A36 from bath to warminster. and you should start picking up the longleat signs. or if going to shearwater keep on the A36 and pick up the blanford road. turn right about 1 mile down sign posted shearwater. i live in trowbridge and these are about the biggest lakes around this area. if you need any larger waters or fish then you might have to travel further to south cerny or oxford. but if you do find anything let me know!.