Big Cod!

Guest Silver Back

Mick in all seiousness, you fall off the pontoon and hit your head mate, :(:o that aint good especialy in the winter, look after your self :huh:

Cliff

Very true Cliff, it could have a serious side, but we can't really worry too much about it, can we.

I know what your saying, but this boating game does have it's risky moment's, a friend of mine fell off his boat in the Stour, not that long ago was it Cliff..LOL.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice day for it, just been up brackenbury cliffs.

I see 5/6 boats out on wadgate ledge, is that you, cjs, sat

between gary & rod ?

Must get a camara with a zoom <_<

n4lly, are they fly s**ts on your lense? :huh: I was very close to the 'Wadgat Post' no where near were your camera is? pointing, pan further right!

Yes we did go out, it was the most 'boutefull' morning, the 10 mile run down the lane to Shotley, wow, it worth getting up at 5.45 just for the sunrise, fishing? o'yes I'm going fishing. Wadgate ledge, with in a couple of hundred yards of last weeks mark. In fact weather and sea conditions were very similar,

. . . Apart from the tide, a larger spring, so we had the feeling we were in with a shout ;) well, I recon last weeks fish had brother and sisters, they were all around the same 3lb size. Most I put back, keeping only a couple for a feed. For me the day was punctuated with a very nice whiting, on my light gear, put up quite a scrap.

There is no doubt the larger 5 and6/0 hooks make hooking the fish more positive, my mate Rod was missing fish on his 3/0 pennal, changed to a 6/0 rig bingo, problem solved. We were eventualy beaten by the tide, prediction of 1.15pm was way out, we were swinging around the anchore rop by noon, unfishable! The decission was made to come in early, a bitting wind and the prospect of no tide before 2pm.

Never the less, a very pleasant 4 hours, had our lines pulled on numerous accasions, consumed large quantities of tea, sausage rolls, and Danish pasteries, boat fishing is great! :D

Locking out with the sunrise fading

Hazel with the decent whiting, will be fish cakes in a few days, tough life as a whiting! :blink:

What a pleasure to see, no, not Rod pushing the barrow, this is the sight that geeted me when I parked at the marina this morning :o:D

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Fished Landguard this afternoon, 14.30 to 18.30, but not a touch. Spoke to others who had fished Saturday as well and no had anything very very quiet !

I just don't think there were any fish along the beach at all.

Think I will give Rod a call and try and get a day afloat. I will need to if I'm goimg to catch any cod this year!

Cliff were the fish you were catching full of shrimp, sprat or anything ?

Nick

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Fished big_cod's Ship Inn open caught 4 fish for 18 pounds 6 ounces. Nothing big enough to win this heaviest fish match. CAme 7th overall with my biggest fish of 5 pounds 10 oz.

Fished Landguard this afternoon, 14.30 to 18.30, but not a touch. Spoke to others who had fished Saturday as well and no had anything very very quiet !

I just don't think there were any fish along the beach at all.

Think I will give Rod a call and try and get a day afloat. I will need to if I'm goimg to catch any cod this year!

Cliff were the fish you were catching full of shrimp, sprat or anything ?

Nick

Cod still on crab, therefore feeding on the bottom, the sprats are about, only have to watch the gull, following the container ships, but the codling are still there. The only difereance we noticed today was, I had the 'cant' edge into deeper water on my side of the boat, this deeper water produced the more consistent fishing as did the 2 and 3 squid baits. Cant ephasize enough the obviouse improvement in hook up with 5 and 6/0 hooks, I am using Varivas Big Mouth, they have a very wide gate which I feel helps keep the hook tip fee.

Yes, interesting.

Thanks for the reply. I will remember the hooks/bait bit.

Also will get in touch with Rod and arrange a day out.

nick

PS

I'm Holbrook so know the marina well. I will have a look for your boat next time i'm over Shotley.

Cliffs is the only boat with a menu in the window and a specials board on the pontoon. ;)

:D:D:lol: Me in the chefs hat is a dead givaway, lol

Edited by CJS2

:D:D:lol: Me in the chefs hat is a dead givaway, lol

:lol::lol:

Talking of food last night about 17.30 I heard the shingle move turned round expecting a spectator and found a fox looking at my bait. Must have been even more desperate than me :D