Bimini Twist

Guest Feels like Winter to me

I changed to the bimini and then reverted back to the double uni just modifying the number of turns according to the weight of line.

I always use tappered shock leaders which allows for both lines to be of equal thickness at the knot and much neater for casting.

I have in the pass cut a birds nest out whilst the line was out and rejoined with the double uni and fished on full of confidence.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I changed to the bimini and then reverted back to the double uni just modifying the number of turns according to the weight of line.

I always use tappered shock leaders which allows for both lines to be of equal thickness at the knot and much neater for casting.

I have in the pass cut a birds nest out whilst the line was out and rejoined with the double uni and fished on full of confidence.

Hi ken

the tapered leaders aer a right rip off for what you get BUT they do have thier aplications like bassing in a heavy surf and the like

One of my mates uses the binini twist. I've see him doing it one the beach and it blows me away. How did anyone come up with a knot like that in the first place?

Cheers.........HB

it was first used by big game trolling anglers who needed 100% failsafe knots.

the twists in the knot strech slightly for a bit of give and the main line does not have a direct tie in it so thus does not weaken it ;)

people say its too big a knot to cast as it rattles through the rings (so what) i have never broken a ring due to this, most who have crack offs and other disasters like it allways blame something like this but its normally the CRAPPY style they use. confidence is the key (good knots) are just the tip of the iceberg :D

Edited by C T

Hi ken

the tapered leaders aer a right rip off for what you get BUT they do have thier aplications like bassing in a heavy surf and the like

Hi C T,

I like to use them when I am using light line, I used my new fix spool out fit last night, the reel is loaded with 12lb and with a tapered leader I did not feel it passing through the rings and the casting was very smooth.

Before I used tapered leaders if you had a birds nest time and again it was the knot that caused it, even with the best of efforts a 60lb leader knot is not exactly tidy.

Over really rough ground where you are going to lose a few rigs I would agree it could be very expensive.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Ken

the two knots that make up the bimini are really quite small as they are separate by about 8in when i tie it,thets why it rattles through the rings but it is smaller than the uni type. (which is hoplessly weak)

do you us a level wind? if so this is a big problem for leaderknots, this is the reason why i use taperd when surf bassing as i dont need to cast any distance so the levelwind makes life easy when playing a decent fish in heavy surf :)

Ken

the two knots that make up the bimini are really quite small as they are separate by about 8in when i tie it,thets why it rattles through the rings but it is smaller than the uni type. (which is hoplessly weak)

do you us a level wind? if so this is a big problem for leaderknots, this is the reason why i use taperd when surf bassing as i dont need to cast any distance so the levelwind makes life easy when playing a decent fish in heavy surf

Hi CT,

I use what I think they call a double uni, I place the loop from the main line alongside the leader and do seven passes through the loop and then place the tail of the leader alongside the main line and repeat.

After sliding them together it is the two knots which are pulling against each other and not biting on the either of the lines.

The bimini works brilliantly but the principle of both knots is to avoid having one line cutting against the other on a loop system if that makes sense :D:D it does where I am sat.

I had to take some line off my fix spool the other night because I over loaded the spool and it took a minute to cut and join the line where as the bimini would have taken far longer to do.

No I never use a level wind for distance casting only on my small bait casters.

PS I find the double uni collects far less weed being one single very neat knot.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest Feels like Winter to me

I used the one macky suggested yesterday but it didnt seem to work for me with the loop breaking. Perhaps I got it wrong??? Has anyone any pics of how it should be done please???

Try the Spider Hitch for extra strength and ease of tying. It can be found on http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/

Apparently it is an exceptionally strong knot.

Hi damo how's your luck? what ya doing boxing day? do you wanna win 250 nicker guaranteed payout in 4 hours scratching, oh it will probably be fished at your favourite spot billy's yeh........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly