deal pier report ;we don't mind the snow!

chamois

went to deal pier wednesday night fished from three oclock to nine thirty. my mate caught a 3to4 lb cod on the first cast on squid/lug cocktail, had a quiet spell after that five rods between us. my mate then caught another codling about 2lb say 6 oclock, had lots of little stuff dab & small whiting then it started to snow! another angler caught three codling all 2 to 3 lb then my mate again hooked a nice one, as soon as it broke the water it got off about 8 oclock ( high water 9 ish) then my boy sam got a codling about 2lb, I got only little stuff but had a good evening. we used rag, black lug, and squid, as mentioned on this site before squid is the magic bait at the moment, we had some bog standard squid and some of those little reddish ones when we ran out of squid we caught no more! great little christmas trip! had cod for tea tonight, happy new year to all

Edited by chamois