stafford moor in devon

j green

hi everyone

does anyone no anything about what tactics to use on stafford moor lakes and how to catch the bigger carp and also do they take dogs.

thanks

sorry mate new one on me never heard of a carp taking dogs....need a pretty heafty spod to bait up with them....sorry mate never heard of them lakes

dont know about the dogs, you will need to ask them. I know they are virtually full this year if you have not booked. The fishing is very good, specimen lake usual tactics, look for features and then spod some bait to these, have a word with boss a week before you go to see if any hook baits are standing out. DO NOT just fish the specimen lakes, take waggler kit too, the lakes are stuffed full of fish and 300lbs is easily achieved in a pleasure sitting. Its a wonderful place, the accomodation is superb.