Visit to the North East

John Storey

We went to Sedgefield for Xmas and New year, visit my parents, didnt take any fishing gear with me, so around the 22nd Jack my son (7rs) and I were needing a fishing session so we went with Mum and sisters to blackhall rocks armed with a 10ft rod and enough line for crab line.

Nothing doing.

Next day, Grandad Jack and myself went to the piers in Hartlepool to have a look we walked onto (the one you can get to off Jacksons landing, near the new flats, with a sign saying do not enter on the open gate. Sea was looking rough so when we got to the bridge Grandad and Jack stopped, I walked on to the area where everyone was fishing to get some info, I looked back and dad and Jack were soaked buy a wave coming over the top, it was time to go.

28th, over to North east angling, cheap beach rod combo, bait and ready made rigs, then of to North Gare pier, cold very cold, remember I left all fishing gear at home, but took home 2 whiting and they were lovely(could have been 3 but I was shaking that mutch I couldnt tell if it was me shaking or a bite.

Returned to North Gare on new years eve with Jack caught fish but not big enough to take home.

Just been to Abbotsbury today caught a poor cod I think I need to move back to the north Its better fishing?

Howay the Lads

John

You've missed out on some eccelent bass fishing when you went to the North Gare as there are a couple of spots there within easy casting distance where although not guaranteed you stand a really good chance of decent bass (sorry if any one takes offence about mentioning bass and locations).

If it's any use to you just say and I'll send the info by PM