Egremont Promenade

Pete C&C

Got myself down to the prom nice and early, 7pm to be exact! 5 hours before high tide and there was enough water to cast a bait out at the Seacombe end of the promenade :D

Around 8pm the prom started to get more anglers and it doesn't seem to matter where I set up, there's always someone who sets up 10 yards away from me, although there is a couple of miles of space! A couple of small codling came out then dabs and a few whiting, lovely evening with the view of Liverpool city making a cracking view.

One strange thing though, in one of the codlings mouth was a sandeel!! It's true I tell yer! Now I know I'm up for some stick on this, as sandeel don't (as far as I know it) live in the Mersey in the winter months, the only other explanation is that it was thrown out by another angler and the codling took it, then I caught the codling???

Small codlings are plenty in the river

eg121d.jpg

Plenty of dabs too

eg121c.jpg

One of the best views in the world

eg121b.jpg

No it's not April fools day :D

eg121a.jpg