Another E-bay selling question

Lid

I have another question. Some-one wants to buy this item immediately and have me send it to them in time for the weekend. According to E-bay's terms and conditions I ask get them to make a bid at the price I am willing to accept (a bit like a buy-it-now price) and then end the auction early.

However when they pay me by Paypal, is the money instantly transfered into my Paypal account for me to withdraw if I wish, or do I have to wait a certain number of days for it to clear? Obviously I'd like to sell it at £250 + Postage(£9), which is what he's offering but I do not want to take any unnecessary risks.

Because this is my first go at selling, I am trying to be cautious, but on the other hand do not want to lose a sale.

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks.

I have another question. Some-one wants to buy this item immediately and have me send it to them in time for the weekend. According to E-bay's terms and conditions I ask get them to make a bid at the price I am willing to accept (a bit like a buy-it-now price) and then end the auction early.

However when they pay me by Paypal, is the money instantly transfered into my Paypal account for me to withdraw if I wish, or do I have to wait a certain number of days for it to clear? Obviously I'd like to sell it at £250 + Postage(£9), which is what he's offering but I do not want to take any unnecessary risks.

Because this is my first go at selling, I am trying to be cautious, but on the other hand do not want to lose a sale.

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks.

He/she doesn't have to make a bid,he can just make the payment to you via paypal for the agreed sum and you end the auction once payment has been received.

When he sends the money,you will be notified by email from paypal that he has made payment and the funds are avaliable to you straight away.

Edited by randal

According to E-bay's terms and conditions I ask get them to make a bid at the price I am willing to accept .

This is so ebay can still charge you when the item is sold,if you accept an offer and end the auction,ebay only get the listing fee.

He/she doesn't have to make a bid,he can just make the payment to you via paypal for the agreed sum and you end the auction once payment has been received.

If I do that, are we not we bypassing E-bay altogether and so breaching their terms (because they lose out on their commission)? This is what I found in their terms and conditions about ending auctions early.

Looks like I'm too late for the weekend now anyway because Royal Special Delivery only guarantees next working day.

Do you think anyone is bothered about breaching their terms? i'm certainly not,and there are probably a lot of people on ebay who are not bothered either!

I have ended a few of my auctions early because i have had good offers on the items that i had for sale,and i don't think that i am the only one that ends auctions early because of offers.

When he sends the money you will be notified by email from paypal that he has made payment and the funds are available to you straight away.
not quite true if the winning bidder pays paypal by e-cheque you have to wait for the funds to clear anything upto 10days.

i know from personal experience

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

My advice for what it is worth?! DON'T sell!! Get them to send you a cheque!! OR do a DIRECT BANK TRANSFER!!!! WHEN and only WHEN the money is in the account do you send anything!!! My feeling is a scam!!

As to ending the auction early?? since when did eBay give a toss about anyone but themselves!!! Take the cheap option every time!! Just done't get caught tooo many times is all!?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

not quite true if the winning bidder pays paypal by e-cheque you have to wait for the funds to clear anything up to 10 days.
Is it obvious straightaway that they used an e-cheque when the payment is confirmed to me by Paypal?