Llangorse Today

Martin Hurst

Finally met up with Nifty at 8am this morning to Fish Llangorse lake in Mid Wales.

photos arent great but they give an indication of the beauty of this venue situated in the Brecon Beacons National park.

Nifty didnt take long to hit into a Pike of around 5LB on a mepps type spinner. However his new fishfinder continued to play up and at one stage trips to the bank to rectify the problem , and take care of the call of nature saw fishing play second fiddle!!

Another 6 hours without a bite passed , irrelevant as we paddled and chatted with Nifty recalling tales of monster tope and lost anchors!! I finally broke my duck with a small jack , which went back as nifty paddled across for the photo ( I was traumatised as a lad by my Grandmothers teeth and these critters have teeth!!).

All in all a nice day out .

post-6813-1137876212_thumb.jpg

post-6813-1137876364_thumb.jpg

Ok Prowler 13

Cheers Martin, Thanks for making the trip over and providing a bit of good company on another glorious day out :D

I hope I didn't bore the tits off you with the Tope tales, do you think thats why everyone runs off when they see me coming or do I just need to change my de-odorant? :huh: Just wait till June and you'll know why they have become a bit of an obsession of mine. You'll have to overcome your fear of toothy critters though :D

I'm afraid the piccies I took aren;t much better, I think we need a professional photographer with us, do you know any?

mart001.jpg

mart002.jpg

I've started work on plan C for the fishfinder and the 3lb lump hammer is part of it :angry:

nifty.

Hi Speciman,

The launch site couldn't be easier with the car park 20yds from the water, just put your tenner in the envelope provided at the on site shop, and away you go. Look forward to seeing you up there :)

Stuart.

It gets taken over by the waterski brigade in Summer , so you'd need to fish early or late. Guess April /May would be prime time for fishing with Pike ( to about 30lb) and Perch (one day Nifty!) the main target species. Nice campsite adjacent too.

Ok Prowler 13

forgot to mention Stu , you were quite right about those Fish and chips !!! And i've just released your worms :)

Will return the bait box next time our pathscross :)

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

Great report, I will get there one day, sadly grounded at the mo by doctors and MOT vailure, two little indicator bulbs on the dash that's all it was and now I have a weekend of pain.....£$%%£%

Roll on next weekend :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com