Guernsey Open Bass Festival

FishingGuernsey

Bit of a shameless plug here really so if it doesn't comply, sorry...

The Guernsey Open Bass Festival is coming up fast and the prize list has now been finalised.

There is no way that we can continue to offer a list like this without the support of those who come and enter, so, it you're in or near Guernsey please come play!! And remember there are daily prizes so it doesn't matter if someone weighs in a double on the first weigh in!!

Full details on this pdf: www.fishing-guernsey.co.uk/GBASS/brochure.pdf which is about 2MB (couldn't get it smaller, sorry!!)

Also see the club website at www.gbass.co.uk.

Cheers

Andy

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

Bit of a shameless plug here really so if it doesn't comply, sorry...

The Guernsey Open Bass Festival is coming up fast and the prize list has now been finalised.

There is no way that we can continue to offer a list like this without the support of those who come and enter, so, it you're in or near Guernsey please come play!! And remember there are daily prizes so it doesn't matter if someone weighs in a double on the first weigh in!!

Full details on this pdf: www.fishing-guernsey.co.uk/GBASS/brochure.pdf which is about 2MB (couldn't get it smaller, sorry!!)

Also see the club website at www.gbass.co.uk.

Cheers

Andy

:D I offered the Tourist Board an ad for less than the cost the flyers they send round the tackle shops, most of which end up in the bin, it would be read by more anglers but they politely declined my offer so I wonder if they really do want all us visiting anglers over there. :lol:

But, just to add, Guernsey is definitely open for angling tourists. The tourist board hasn't a clue how much money they bring into out community which is all very much appreciated byt the locals. Same old story as the UK whereby not recognising anglers input to the economy in coastal regions.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

But, just to add, Guernsey is definitely open for angling tourists. The tourist board hasn't a clue how much money they bring into out community which is all very much appreciated byt the locals. Same old story as the UK whereby not recognising anglers input to the economy in coastal regions.

:D It was quite a pain really as Guernsey TB had me send copies to an agency in London with our prices and distribution areas and then failed to get back to me, so I took it as a thank you but no thank you. I found it really strange that they'd spend a fortune on printing and sending glossy flyers to all the tackle shops, only to have them end up in the bin. I said to one shop owner, "aren't you going to put them on the counter?" he said, "no, there's nothing in it for me, they go to Guernsey so they don't buy their bait from me and they'll bring back VAT free tackle so why should I promote it".

Fair comment I suppose, that's why I offered them the ad but as I said, not interested. :lol:

Edited by Norm B

:D It was quite a pain really as Guernsey TB had me send copies to an agency in London with our prices and distribution areas and then failed to get back to me, so I took it as a thank you but no thank you. I found it really strange that they'd spend a fortune on printing and sending glossy flyers to all the tackle shops, only to have them end up in the bin. I said to one shop owner, "aren't you going to put them on the counter?" he said, "no, there's nothing in it for me, they go to Guernsey so they don't buy their bait from me and they'll bring back VAT free tackle so why should I promote it".

Fair comment I suppose, that's why I offered them the ad but as I said, not interested. :lol:

Norm, the Guernsey Open Bass Festival is organised by Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society and not the Guernsey Tourism Board. I'm quite sure you did contact me about advertising .... but at the time we were already heavily over budget. I'd managed to get a couple of listings in two of the UK angling magazines for no charge, so decided it would be best not to take our budget even further into the red! That said...... I will def budget for an advertisement with you next year! .....and apologies if you were offended.

Monty

Norm, the Guernsey Open Bass Festival is organised by Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society and not the Guernsey Tourism Board. I'm quite sure you did contact me about advertising .... but at the time we were already heavily over budget. I'd managed to get a couple of listings in two of the UK angling magazines for no charge, so decided it would be best not to take our budget even further into the red! That said...... I will def budget for an advertisement with you next year! .....and apologies if you were offended.

Monty

:D Offended, not at all, although I was surprised that they didn't get back to me, even if it was just to say "no thanks". I contacted somebody to do with the Bass Festival, it could've been you but I don't remember, and they put me on to the tourist board who gave me the runaround. I was just surprised that you, they, were prepared to spend so much money on posting glossy fliers to tackle shops when an ad would've reached more anglers and been cheaper. Had you contacted me earlier you'd of got a free mention anyway. Papers being posted this week end.:lol:

Edited by Norm B

:D Offended, not at all, although I was surprised that they didn't get back to me, even if it was just to say "no thanks". I contacted somebody to do with the Bass Festival, it could've been you but I don't remember, and they put me on to the tourist board who gave me the runaround. I was just surprised that you, they, were prepared to spend so much money on posting glossy fliers to tackle shops when an ad would've reached more anglers and been cheaper. Had you contacted me earlier you'd of got a free mention anyway. Papers being posted this week end.:lol:

Sorry to flog this one........ but I'm interested to know where the glossy fliers came from? I distributed a few of our flyers to three Guernsey tackle shops and posted a few to Alderney, but haven't posted any other info to the uk!

Monty

Hi Brian, could you please e-mail me at: davebarham@warnersgroup.co.uk regarding the festival - I'd like a chat about running a report in Boat Fishing Monthly for you.

Hi Brian, could you please e-mail me at: davebarham@warnersgroup.co.uk regarding the festival - I'd like a chat about running a report in Boat Fishing Monthly for you.

:D There you go, some more free publicity for the festival. :lol:

Sorry to flog this one........ but I'm interested to know where the glossy fliers came from? I distributed a few of our flyers to three Guernsey tackle shops and posted a few to Alderney, but haven't posted any other info to the uk!

Monty

:D It was a couple of years ago, not this year but even I got some, must've thought I was a tackle shop. :lol: