Obeying The Rules

Elton

Why don't fish obey the rules, eh?

Monday before last, I went fishing at Dunwich with my Dad.

During a sunny day, we had a few fish, including a lovely codling and a nice flattie. Most unexpected.

Great - high tide was due at 8:30pm, just as it was about to start getting dark. We're onto a cracking session here.....

Not one more fish :(

It's about time somebody taught these Suffolk coast fish the rules!!

Can't wait to go back, though. Just wish bait wasn't so expensive.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What about the shrimps & crabs too? My last session started off with an early knock which resulted in nothing...quite literally nothing for the rest of the session. My lug was coming back looking as fresh (nearly) as when it went in. I left baits out for two hours and on retrieval not even the crabs and shrimps had touched it! Like casting into a barren wilderness..hopeless.

Hi Elton

Not only Suffolk fish that don't play, by the way I was born in Ipswich now living on the IoW. Went out easter monday first time in my boat, 2 2lb plaice in first 30 mins, bugger all else for the next 4 hours. On hauling in before leaving a crab. As previously stated, bait almost as good as it went in.

Went out wednesday on son in laws dad's boat, no fish, no bites, went to move, anchor fouled, tried all things. Prepared to leave anchor +bouy for later retrieval, all ropes and chain straining, son in laws dad cut the anchor rope, or so he thought, ouch he'd cut both lines, anchor now on Solent sea bed pah!!

Still won't stop us, we'll be back so watch out fish!!!!!!!!

Ken

On your new anchor don't shackle the chain to the shank as normal. Look at a CQR, you will find a ring cast just at the back of the plough, if you attatch the chain to this and then use a cable tie to attatch it to the shank as normal a good tug should snap the tie if the anchor is fouled. This results in the pull being directed in the opposite direction and your anchor will come out.

Hi CHris

David had a trip on, but in haste put to stronger link, unable to snap it back. He has now learnt his lesson I guess. Anyway thanks for the tip it's useful when people do this rather than say I told you so!!

Cheers

Ken