marker float

tonyfisher

I'm yet to use a Marker float ,made plenty of under water maps using it as a feature finder but never as a actual marker flot think my fishing could benifort from it though but i have a few questions first....

Doesn't the heavy duty braid spook the fish ,esp in the winter i see it a bit strange that we use Fluro Carbon hook links ,low diameter lines etc etc as to not spook the fish away but next to your bait is a massive braided line???Also ware do people position there Marker rod when fishing?Is it next to your rod???Further down the bank?

Or do i have it complete wrong and once you have casted your baited rod out you pull your marker rod in ,and repeat on every fish ???

Hi Chris

As you say you don't actually leave the marker rod out ..Check the video where Shaun marks the line, so he can replace it in the same spot..... braid is so you can feel the bottom..its low stretch transmits so much more feel...

You will need to position your marker rod so you don't tangle it when you cast, can happen easily... be careful also when you reel in you don't bring your rig back in with it..

Regards

Gareth

I'm yet to use a Marker float ,made plenty of under water maps using it as a feature finder but never as a actual marker flot think my fishing could benifort from it though but i have a few questions first....

Doesn't the heavy duty braid spook the fish ,esp in the winter i see it a bit strange that we use Fluro Carbon hook links ,low diameter lines etc etc as to not spook the fish away but next to your bait is a massive braided line???Also ware do people position there Marker rod when fishing?Is it next to your rod???Further down the bank?

Or do i have it complete wrong and once you have casted your baited rod out you pull your marker rod in ,and repeat on every fish ???

Some may laugh but I have seen two lads both using two rods and markers.

Both left their marker floats out!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Hi Chris

As you say you don't actually leave the marker rod out ..Check the video where Shaun marks the line, so he can replace it in the same spot..... braid is so you can feel the bottom..its low stretch transmits so much more feel...

You will need to position your marker rod so you don't tangle it when you cast, can happen easily... be careful also when you reel in you don't bring your rig back in with it..

Regards

Gareth

Cheers for that ,just saved me buying a marker float,as the lakes i fish(ones worth finding features anyway) i know the bottom of by hand so I'll just keep using my line clip /stop knot(Fox Marker Braid nice and bright)/and feathering my thinger.

Cheers Chris