Smallest ever 'cod'?

A Norfolk Boy

We caught a few last year barely 2lb in weight carrying roe, I never measured them NB so don't know about length. Its a shame really 'cos natures obviously telling the fish to mature earlier. Had some to 4lb from Pakefield last week and there wasn't any roes in them.

Guest @Winter@
We caught a few last year barely 2lb in weight carrying roe, I never measured them NB so don't know about length. Its a shame really 'cos natures obviously telling the fish to mature earlier. Had some to 4lb from Pakefield last week and there wasn't any roes in them.

Perhaps they were males or had already spawned ?

Perhaps they were males or had already spawned ?

They weren't males. When I say roe I do mean roe, proper ones. They were nice plump and tasted great (the roe). They were in most of the fish that I was catching this time of the year last year.

Sorry. I meant the ones without any roe in them.

Had some to 4lb from Pakefield last week and there wasn't any roes in them.

Same here, had some Thursday and Friday but no roe, I've had 1 fish with roe this year and that was a 3lb 12oz fish from Bacton, still very small to be spawning.