Where can I look for Black Lug on the North Yorkshire Coast?

oporkpie

Hello People,

I have recently moved to Scarborough, North Yorkshire, and recently purchased an Alvey Bait Pump. I have been told that Skipsea and the Humber Estuary are the best places to find Black Lug, but I don't want to be traveling that far. Is there anybody who can help me with there local expertise and point out sum good marks for me? I would be most grateful if anybody could help me.

mailto:oporkpie@aol.comoporkpie@aol.com</a>

hi

i used to live there and i have found tho only places it get black lug (or Gully worm )is jacksons bay on big tides filey bay and bridlington all tide must be over 6m

what part of the town do you live and when did you move there ?

if you need any help with places to fish this winter give me a cal

On big tides you can get black lug at filey, there is a marker post which sticks out the water when that is uncovered completley black lug can be found either side of this post all along the beach also a good place for razor fish.

Might see you down there sometime as I live just outside Scarborough

Gwyn

to tell the truth around here filand brid the sand is the wrong type the besway to dig them is to use a wide pronged fork and to dig for them

pete i am comming over fora a few days fishing 24 oct friday if you want to meet up

if any want to meet up let me know

Darth

• 4 weeks later...

ello guys,

sorry for not replying to your messages any sooner but i have not been online for a while. i would like to say thanks to you all for posting your advice and maybe someday see you guys. i went to the north landing next to flamboro head last sunday but did not catch anything special. i was told that it was a low water spot but the place i was most impressed with was reighton sands. seemed to be most productive. if any of you guys know any good spots could you give me advise on where to go and which tide to fish day/night. thanx