Thresher Shark Fishing from a Kayak - AWSOME!

fishfinder

i've just watched a DVD I bought on Ebay - would you believe a bunch of crazy Americans made a film of themselves catching Thresher Sharks from their kayaks off Malibu!!!???

It didn't last very long (40 mins), but I couldn't believe what I saw - one of them was hauling a thrashing thresher onto his lap, by grabbing its tail and holding on for dear life. Meanwhile, he had his foot in the water, about 6 inches from its head.

An even more bizarre part shows a Yak being towed at full speed acrosss someone elses line, the end result of which was the line, and big rapala being dragged across the man, who ended up with a trebble hook in his chin!

great entertainment!

i've just watched a DVD I bought on Ebay - would you believe a bunch of crazy Americans made a film of themselves catching Thresher Sharks from their kayaks off Malibu!!!???

It didn't last very long (40 mins), but I couldn't believe what I saw - one of them was hauling a thrashing thresher onto his lap, by grabbing its tail and holding on for dear life. Meanwhile, he had his foot in the water, about 6 inches from its head.

An even more bizarre part shows a Yak being towed at full speed acrosss someone elses line, the end result of which was the line, and big rapala being dragged across the man, who ended up with a trebble hook in his chin!

great entertainment!

I must admit - we (my wife and I) cringed when the guy had the trebble stuck in his chin. I cringed because he dropped his rod and lost it, with a shark attached, and my wife cringed when he tried in vain to cut the hook - in the end he pulled it out with a pair of pliars, and then carried on fishing!

The film was available as a short clip on one of the forum's, like you say the guy with the Rapala had some serious problems, they didn't have anything strong enough to cut the treble, nasty stuff, bet they took some wire cutters next time out.

I've got to say they didn't appear that well organised or well equipped for such an adventure.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

The film was available as a short clip on one of the forum's, like you say the guy with the Rapala had some serious problems, they didn't have anything strong enough to cut the treble, nasty stuff, bet they took some wire cutters next time out.

I've got to say they didn't appear that well organised or well equipped for such an adventure.

SM :)

I'm sure you'll agree that it takes a very brave (or stupid) person to shark fish from a kayak!

Mind you, I'd recommend the DVD to everyone here - although it was only 40 mins long, i really enjoyed it.