Free fishing on the River Lea?

hermes

Does anyone know any free fishing on the river Lea, a mate of mine wants to fish it but it ha to be free or a day ticket...

cheers

Hi Hermes,

A good place to try is the lea at Hartham in Hertford. You can fish the canal or river lea and there is a few good spots across the football pitch in the Bean. I think it is controlled by the LAC and is day ticket. I have fished it regularly but I've never seen a baliff.

Edited by Jigotai

Hermes, you can also fish day ticket on the river Lea at Stanborough Lakes. There is a short stretch that runs along the Lake. I believe it has some nice barbel, chub and a few carp. It can get quite busy though.

Hermes

There's also a free stretch around Wheathampstead. I've not fished it but I've heard it's quite good (I've fished club water stretches either side and they both produce good catches (quantity rather than specimen). Hatfield Angling would most probably have details if you gave them a call.

Jak

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........