1st trip to France

joe83wwesox

Guys

I`m very new to carp fishing (total novice really) and would like your advice on bait sizes to try in France we are going in June, the site we are staying sell boilies and the like but was just wondering what flavours does the bizz and what rigs to try?

There is cats and Sturgeon in the water also!

Joe..... :yeah:

Guest Josh Iddon

I should think the place you go will have the 'going bait' in stock because it will be introduced regulally.

Guys

I`m very new to carp fishing (total novice really) and would like your advice on bait sizes to try in France we are going in June, the site we are staying sell boilies and the like but was just wondering what flavours does the bizz and what rigs to try?

There is cats and Sturgeon in the water also!

Joe..... :yeah:

Pretty much every good bait will work over there, but there's no such thing as 'the best'. Don't forget it's like fishing in England, do what you do here and you won't go too far wrong. Things that will dictate what you take include - does the venue have freezers ? If not you'll need ready mades or a good bait that keeps in warm conditions without going mouldy. Where are you fishing ?

Rob.

Pretty much every good bait will work over there, but there's no such thing as 'the best'. Don't forget it's like fishing in England, do what you do here and you won't go too far wrong. Things that will dictate what you take include - does the venue have freezers ? If not you'll need ready mades or a good bait that keeps in warm conditions without going mouldy. Where are you fishing ?

Rob.

Rob

We are fishing www.brittanymilllakes.com

looks the part, as I said I`m new to Carp fishing and need all the help I can get mate

Joe.......

Rob

looks the part, as I said I`m new to Carp fishing and need all the help I can get mate

Joe.......

Well the lake looks nice. I'd personally do what I do in the uK (as I do every time I fish in France as well). Use good quality boilies (buy them from them if your flying) - don't use tons I find 5Kg is fine for a week. I'd fish over some hemp (maybe + groats or a little maize). Keep rigs simple - whatever you use at home. Try say one pop-up, a couple on bottom baits and see what happens. Don't be afraid to fish the margins and listen to what they say about the water. Don't however follow what they say 100% - be prepared to do things slightly different, if they don't work then switch back after a couple of days. And of course enjoy it ! :D

Rob.

Rob

Joe.......

Guys thanks for the info, gives me a little more confidence in what I`m doing over there, always up for usefull info!

Thanks again

joe.........