Visiting Guernsey - Poll

FishingGuernsey

Guernsey - Will you be coming?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you recently considered a fishing break in Guernsey?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have youread recent reports and discussions regarding the fishing practices off the Guernsey coast?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Has the report of these practices caused you to change your mind about visiting Guernsey and take a fishing break elsewhere?

• Yes
    • No

Hello Steve

Not sure if the family will be happy with a week at Harwich.

Do they also want to catch a big bass ?

Think it's more the thought of Harwich for a week!! Spent a day there and considered it a long time IMO

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Steve

Not sure if the family will be happy with a week at Harwich.

Do they also want to catch a big bass ?

No, they don't care too much about bass. The weeks bass fishing/holiday is my reward for taking them to Florida for the last 3 holidays. My plan was to fish evenings and early mornings and do all the family stuff during the day, so the location has to have something to offer for all of us.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Yes, it's definately looking like Ireland now. Ireland has done more than any other country, (apart from the USA), to protect their bass and to provide recreational anglers with good sport. It's only right that they should benefit from it.

Unfortunately Ireland also has its share of commercial bass plundering.

The gauling thing is the plundering is illegal but it still goes on at an unacceptable scale.

They mave have the Restriction of Sale Order but they aint got the resources or the wherewithall to police it. Sad but True, think I'll go and hang myself....

Unfortunately Ireland also has its share of commercial bass plundering.

The gauling thing is the plundering is illegal but it still goes on at an unacceptable scale.

They mave have the Restriction of Sale Order but they aint got the resources or the wherewithall to police it. Sad but True, think I'll go and hang myself....

I had heard of the illegal gill netting and enforcement problem over there, but it must still be small time stuff compared to what is going on in Guernsey.

Don't drink and drive.

Hello Steve

so the location has to have something to offer for all of us.

Ireland?????? Do they have a butlins near a bass beach?

I don't know mate, but a turd free beach to build sand castles on will be a plus. :) I could tell the little one that we're going to balamory or something. :thumbs:

Don't know how the missus will get on without a load of shops though. Just hope the sun shines.

Don't drink and drive.

I had heard of the illegal gill netting and enforcement problem over there, but it must still be small time stuff compared to what is going on in Guernsey.

Unfortunately not from what I've seen Steve.

Mile long gillnets being payed out of the back of open boats.

Illegally caught bass being exported in freezer units hidden amongst legal fish.

Dodgy laws that prevent a these commercial fisherman being prosecuted for the same offence twice in the same year.

I could go on...suffice to say its a shambles.

I shoulda used a shorter rope!

Unfortunately not from what I've seen Steve.

Mile long gillnets being payed out of the back of open boats.

Illegally caught bass being exported in freezer units hidden amongst legal fish.

Dodgy laws that prevent a these commercial fisherman being prosecuted for the same offence twice in the same year.

I could go on...suffice to say its a shambles.

I shoulda used a shorter rope!

Bugger!

Back to the drawing board then :(

Maybe fishing abroad is the answer after all. No wonder the fishing mags are full of articles about fishing abroad. Where on earth could you recommend in this country?

I think I'll get in touch with Dave Godwin.

Don't drink and drive.

Theres a mark here Steve which turns up double figure bass regularly throughout the summer.

Gotta get up early though, but that fits in with the family business :)

Nice beaches, clifftop walks, golf course, bird watching, trips to France, peace and tranquility or busy family friendly pubs its all here :sun::sun::sun:

And just enough shopping to keep the missus happy!

I thought you were talking about Alderney until...

And just enough shopping to keep the missus happy!
:lol::lol:

Have to get me up there for some fishing at some time when I can afford to get the missus and son there as well (better take them really...)

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society