Ocean Kayak Scrambler XL.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All.

Well the Scrambler XL is here, and made herself very much at home.

Been out the back for a couple of hours playing. :)

The finnish off the Kayak is excellent, the fittings already on her have been fitted well.

As far as my own rigging goes , all Ive added up till now, is a scotty Fly rod holder, and a couple of pad eyes.

Will be adding Bow and Stern lines, pulley system later, maybe.

Several changes been made to her by Ocean, the drainage is supposed to be better, there is a wider and less shallow seating area, minimal difference to the XT seating.

Fitted centre hatch, higher position than the XTs, factory fitted front hatch, that seals very well.

The bow is more pointed too, less of a bull nose.

The XT travels along nicely, but I think the XL design will have a definate edge on ease of paddling/speed.

The rocker seems to be more pronounced too.

In all, some marked improvements to this stallwart of a Kayak.

Havnt been out in her yet, but hopefully next weekend will see her on the water.

Will be using her for mainly Fly / lure fishing at close quarters,although trips further a field are not ruled out.

Decided to name her " lil` Minx "......my pet name for my granddaughter.

Couple of pics........I hope :D

post-4885-1142779636_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Yakity. The new baby hasn't arrived yet - should be here in a few days time :)

Couple more q's ;)

Are those paddles keeps prefitted near the handles?

Bow and stern lines - are these lengths of rope which run halfway along the side of the yak? What would you use them for?

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Yakity. The new baby hasn't arrived yet - should be here in a few days time :)

Couple more q's ;)

Are those paddles keeps prefitted near the handles?

Bow and stern lines - are these lengths of rope which run halfway along the side of the yak? What would you use them for?

Hi Speciman.

Expectant Father then :D , hope alls well when she does arrive.

Yes the Paddle keepers are ready dfitted to the XL.

The Bow and stern Lines ( with Bungee buffers ) are used for tieing off to pot marker Bouys(using quick release clips.)

The areas we fish here are littered with pot markers, they make great temporary anchors :thumbs:

Also handy if you have to tow a buddy, or be towed yourself.

Ive fitted them to every Yak Ive had the pleasure of owning.

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All.

Well the Scrambler XL is here, and made herself very much at home.

Been out the back for a couple of hours playing. :)

The finnish off the Kayak is excellent, the fittings already on her have been fitted well.

As far as my own rigging goes , all Ive added up till now, is a scotty Fly rod holder, and a couple of pad eyes.

Will be adding Bow and Stern lines, pulley system later, maybe.

Several changes been made to her by Ocean, the drainage is supposed to be better, there is a wider and less shallow seating area, minimal difference to the XT seating.

Fitted centre hatch, higher position than the XTs, factory fitted front hatch, that seals very well.

The bow is more pointed too, less of a bull nose.

The XT travels along nicely, but I think the XL design will have a definate edge on ease of paddling/speed.

The rocker seems to be more pronounced too.

In all, some marked improvements to this stallwart of a Kayak.

Havnt been out in her yet, but hopefully next weekend will see her on the water.

Will be using her for mainly Fly / lure fishing at close quarters,although trips further a field are not ruled out.

Decided to name her " lil` Minx "......my pet name for my granddaughter.

Couple of pics........I hope :D

post-4885-1142779636_thumb.jpg

Very nice Bill :)

I saw her in the flesh(plastic) last week at Bournemoth Canoes :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

Bill

She looks great,great idea about tying up to pot markers-lots up my way,could you post a few pics when you have done the bow/stern lines?I think I will try them.

Cheers Colin

Hi Colin.

Thanks mate, glad you like her.

Re the pics.......not a problem, I will post as soon as Ive made them.

Come to think of it, Ill stick them on Anglers Afloat Articles too. :thumbs:

I tried to post a pic of the ones I made for the P15, but have had my global limmit.......whatever that is :D

Bill. :)