Advise on Change please . . .?

Guest Silver Back

Having sold my sole to photographic Digital number crunching a few questions and advise please.

Digging around in my Aladins cave, I have come up with some goodies that may change my life camera wise??? Found an extention tube, did not know I had it :doh: I need gudance, cos I'm not sure what I'v got but I think it will have to be used in full manual mode. It is definatly a Nikon fit, made in Japan,'Tripleplus NA 36mm Extention Tube', there are no terminals to transfer any lens operation to the body or body to lense. Tried it on a couple of bodies, it appears to be for macro work, any ideas.

Also found a 'Ricoh GR1s' 35mm film camera 28mm lense 1:2.8. with lens hood and case, mint!! as well as my Nikon F80 and F65 bodies and a Nikkor 28-80 AF lense.

Plan A:

Keep the Ricoh as a film back up to the digital.

Sell on the F80/F65/lense?

Plan B:

Sell the lot if the price is right, not sure about the GR1s, is it still considered the classic it used to be?

Any one shed any light or have any thought on the above :mellow:

Cliff

Hi CJS2 ...

I used to use extension tubes years ago in my old "film" days .. they are indeed for Macro work.

If you have the correct fitting for your digi you might try them, but you will have to used manual focus !!!

Unfortunately, the old "flm camera" lenses are not fetching a great deal these days ... but you could always stick them on EBay and see if you get a bite !!

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Hi CJS2 ...

I used to use extension tubes years ago in my old "film" days .. they are indeed for Macro work.

If you have the correct fitting for your digi you might try them, but you will have to used manual focus !!!

Unfortunately, the old "flm camera" lenses are not fetching a great deal these days ... but you could always stick them on EBay and see if you get a bite !!

About as I thought. I was thinking good 35mm kit might do a student of phography a turn, they are both mint, and in good working order, the F65 has had no more than half a dozen films through it, the F80 has seen more use, but I am a fussy bu**er, so it is still in pristine condition. You should see my fishing tackle, much of it looks like it came out of the shop last week!

The Ricoh, I will not let that go with out a fight.

I'v put it on the sight 'saleas and wants' with pic, see what hapens first.