Plymouth Fishing

DrakeofPlymouth

Been in Plymouth since late September and havnt found the time to do some fishing and havn't a clue really on where to try, the hoe seems quite popular and i've heard the Tamar is quite good. Any locations with a near by (cheap preferably free) car park that might be worth a try with any tips for this time of year would be appreciated.

Been in Plymouth since late September and havnt found the time to do some fishing and havn't a clue really on where to try, the hoe seems quite popular and i've heard the Tamar is quite good. Any locations with a near by (cheap preferably free) car park that might be worth a try with any tips for this time of year would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum 'Drake of Plymouth'. I now live in Plymouth, however from Whitby and have not had much chance to have much of a dabble down here. However I have a few contacts from the Armed Forces Fishing team who know the area very well so may be able to help you after I have had a word with them. With the little knowledge I have of the area mate I know that there is good sport to be had.....but it depends what you want to fish for......You have not said what you are wanting to catch because with the water slowly getting warmer down here, in the the next six months the Makeral fishing should perk up and there s good sport to be had there.....But as I said I am a beginner to this area, but have fished along the Yorkshire Coast since I was a lad and so am not sure where the best spots are. However I will keep you posted.

Tight Lines

PK

:fish::fishing:

Cheers, Im a Lancashire man myself. Just me and a few pals are up for wasting away the hours doing some fishing, anything we catch is a bonus although I suppose its going to be easy to start off with to get those silver feathers out as the mackerel come in. Float fishing seems to be the norm in the sound and its not something I've really done before.

I'm more familiar with Weymouth and Chesil Beach, fished for Bass, Mackerel and anything else from that area and been on the boat a few times from Weymouth and West Bay but tend to fish from the North Wall at Blackpool and catch whiting or a bit of fishing from Arnside for the flatties while at home up north.

Thanks for Your reply.

Tight Lines

DoP

If you are looking for somewhere with easy access, then Mountbatten Pier is a good spot right throughout the year both night and day. This time of year you need to fish from the north side (looking back towards the Hoe). This side has a sand/gravel bottom and quite often gives up some nice plaice during daylight. Night-times from the pier can throw up anything at any time of the year, both bottom and float fishing.

Other easy access spots are:

West-Hoe pier

Hoe sea front

Bovisand beach & rocks

Devils Point car park

Millbay - from Devils Point car park

Mutton Cove - produces Thornback this time of year.

Hope this helps

Cheers for that Yaskalos.

Will report back if we venture to any of those spots.

Was reading this post http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...opic=60434&st=0 I can give you details of the plymouth pages from the S devon Book if you like?

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com