normans bay

col.1

Advise welcome please.

Will be staying at Normans bay(Pevensey) Camping site on the May bank holiday weekend, and would like to try and get some fishing in down there.

Does anyone know what I can realisticaly expect to catch and how best to target fish, ie.location,state of tide and bait.

Should I consider Langney point?

Advise welcome please.

Will be staying at Normans bay(Pevensey) Camping site on the May bank holiday weekend, and would like to try and get some fishing in down there.

Does anyone know what I can realisticaly expect to catch and how best to target fish, ie.location,state of tide and bait.

Should I consider Langney point?

:clap2: Have a word with the guys in Angler's Den, the local tackle shop, they are all anglers and it's their 'local', so if anyone can help you it'll be them. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Apr 8 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Have a word with the guys in Angler's Den, the local tackle shop, they are all anglers and it's their 'local', so if anyone can help you it'll be them. :clap2:

Only half a story Norm, their Tel no : 01323-460441

:clap2:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Apr 8 2006, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Only half a story Norm, their Tel no : 01323-460441

True but not difficult to find. I don't want to make life too easy. :clap2:

Hi col.1, there should be a few schoolies around? mostly small though, (due to the local part time fisherrmen who like to drift gill netts along the beaches there most days) fish by the alices pipe outfall opposite ther camp site i presume your staying at? with fresh out lug from the beach you can dig or pump from there or buy at the anglers den.

If the smoothound arrive early? try for them with a whole squid as bait you do get them on fresh lug but i find the whole squid sorts out the better sized ones! crab also works but imho no better and is harder to obtain and over expensive, also expect some snotties especially if there has been a lot of rain and is being washed out through the sluise pipes there that drain the marshes also a few flounders, but dont expect to many smoothounds at the same time, i would not bother with langney point not what it used to be nowadays, cheers and good luck..................

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Thanks for the honest report Stavey. I guess like most marks I would benefit from low light/night fishing given the species you have mentioned. I dont believe the area is a deep water venue?

Norm & pout thanks also, but I try to make it a habbit even if I have no plans to fish.

At least I can take as little as possible and still target a realistic quarry.

Two good reasons to pray for no rain.

1. Grew up catching flounder & eels. bin there done that.

2. Not much fun in a folding camper .

Ta................Col.