Fishing this Wednesday

Norfolkdan

Hi guys, should be doing an overnighter this Wednesday at a local lake. Stocked quite well with some nice Carp into the 20's, loads of doubles, but this was in summer when I last fished it.

With the weather being a bit cooler now what tactics would you suggest for me to use? I have plenty of pellets, parti mix and boilies as usual, but wondering if they'd feed well over a big bed of bait, as it's still quite cold or would it be best to use single hookbait, or small PVA bag...

Any thoughts?

Dan

Hi guys, should be doing an overnighter this Wednesday at a local lake. Stocked quite well with some nice Carp into the 20's, loads of doubles, but this was in summer when I last fished it.

With the weather being a bit cooler now what tactics would you suggest for me to use? I have plenty of pellets, parti mix and boilies as usual, but wondering if they'd feed well over a big bed of bait, as it's still quite cold or would it be best to use single hookbait, or small PVA bag...

Any thoughts?

i'd try a rovin single on a choddy for one rod then a bag on the second rod and spread a few boilies (50or60) around the 3rd rod......not too tight a bed of bait as you want the fish movin....if you start to get a few pick ups then you can put in a little more bait

How did you go on norfolkdan?

Did you have a successful session mate?

Not too bad Gaz. The lake was fishing well a few days prior to our visit but they said it had been slowing up. I only remember hearing of 1 carp coming out for the others at 11lb.

My mate had 2, a 9lb stockie mirror and an 13lb 2oz ghostie:

aprilnightsesh.jpg

aprilnightsesh1.jpg

And I managed a 9lb 12oz long common near the end of the session.

aprilnightsesh5.jpg

My tactics were free running rigs, light leads, fished slack with 2 real grains of corn and pop up piece on the hair. Fished over a small bed of trout pellets.

Don't know what my mate was using, but he had both his fish on Honey yucatan boilies. Yellow seemed to be working.

Dan

That's a chunky mirror!

Nice looking common Dan, good to see simple rig tactics caught the fish too. No fancy complicated rigs required eh!