Small stream trouting

Anderoo

Cheers folks :) I've fished a similar stream in Surrey with some success, but that one had a little more casting space.

Yes, they are wild brownies, and yes, if I'm lucky enough to catch them they'll be carefully returned. The lack of casting space is going to be interesting - I think I'll do some stealthy wandering during warm evenings to see if I can locate them and then take it from there.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Have you never heard the phrase "Never judge a book by its cover" ;)

Yeah but I like looking at the pictures!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I've done a fair bit of walking along this stretch now, and haven't seen any trout. Loads of chub, a couple of pike and a grass snake, but no spotties. I've just joined another (course) club which allows fly fishing on a different tributary in the close season, and I think I'll have more joy there. You can take a brace per week if they're big enough, which suggests there are more fish in there (probably stocked by another club further upstream!). I'll go for a wander one evening this week and see what the deal is... :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've done a fair bit of walking along this stretch now, and haven't seen any trout. Loads of chub, a couple of pike and a grass snake, but no spotties. I've just joined another (course) club which allows fly fishing on a different tributary in the close season, and I think I'll have more joy there. You can take a brace per week if they're big enough, which suggests there are more fish in there (probably stocked by another club further upstream!). I'll go for a wander one evening this week and see what the deal is... :D

You could always go after the chub and pike on the fly :)