Aberporth report

doshkadog

Had my first three sessions out this year (being a fair weather fisher and a novice).

On Sat Morning went out at the local rock mark in Aberporth West Wales at 7 am to fish the incoming tide which to be honest was well on the way in by the time I got there (should have gone earlier). Set up and fished with Makies strips and some frozen peeler which defied staying on any hook no matter how much elastic and aquafilm I used!!!! :wallbash: Pleased to say I was soon rewarded with some largish bites followed by a big lesser spotted doggy. :) Many more bites latter to small pollock were landed and returned. Only stayed 2.5 hours so not a bad show!!

On Sunday I tried the incoming Tide at Newquay Harbour, much to my dismay I blanked which is unusual for Newquay but never mind.

Back at Aberporth at 6 am on Monday morning more was to be had. Soon after casting bites were happening as soon as the bait hit the water. Two small whiting were caught and two more smaller doggies, interspersed with 5 dabs. Stayed for four hours and all fish were returned.

This is the first time I have used hooks with barbs squashed, I was very pleased with the results, I did not loose fish once a strike was sucessfully made but fish were easily dehooked and returned with far less stress to fight another day. It was also the first time I used my New Bait Runner reel. They are Cool!!! Gave me time to put my tea down and pick up the rod to strike with out the fish dropping the bait. easy to set up and well ballanced. Good reel in my humble opinion.

Probably sound like a complete novice but I enjoyed the fish :)

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL